The Spammers have been SPAMMED, http://www.ruggaworld.com is back online!
Google

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Super 14: Silverfern rates the Sharks

Source: thesilverfern.com
Written by True Blue

The Sharks were the powerhouse team of the Currie Cup in the Nineties and losing finalists in the 2001 S12 with probably the best record of all the SA sides in the S12 to date (not saying a lot...). However, three rotten coaches (Reece-Edwards, Straueli and Putt) later, and the retirement of legends like Gary Teichmann, Mark Andrews, Andre Joubert and Henry Honiball the Sharks are dealing with the very real prospect of S14 relegation.


The fact that the Sharks have more money in the bank than SARU, a large and loyal fanbase, the strongest brand in SA rugby and the magnificent Kings Park mean nothing if they can't put it together on the park come S14 time.

Changes

Dick Muir has taken over the coaching from the incredibly inept Kevin Putt and while he hardly has the best squad to work with has, at times, shown flashes of what he is capable of. The Sharks beating the Bulls in the Currie Cup was a good example of this.

The introduction of Brown and Farini could prove to be interesting and hopefully effective, as well as the return of a number of key players from the long term injured list including the likes AJ Venter, Johann Ackermann and 'Thalidomide' James.

Playing for their lives in the relegation zone should bring out the mongrel, if any, in this team.

Strengths

The Sharks have no real areas of strength per se, but they are starting to shape up up in some key areas such as the tight five which, with the reurn of AJ Venter and Johann Ackerman, as well as John Smit and Albert van der Berg are beginning to look good enough.

Also, the loosies have a strong workman-like aspect to them and if they combine as a combination could prove effective.

Ruan Pienaar and Tony Brown may well turn up trumps and with the injections of James, Russell and Montgomery, there is some experience and talent for Muir to work with. Grant Rees and JP Pietersen were good finds from last year's Currie Cup but were tested when the Boks came back towards the end of the tournament.

Muir will be a lot more effective than Putt in moulding this team....

Weaknesses

The loosies are an unknown combination and will struggle to win/contest possesion on the deck against the stronger sides although the speed of Tyabilika could make a difference in this regard. But dont expect too much from the Sharks loosies this season.

The tight forwards may hold their own, but will not dominate in the tight, although the lineouts will be well catered for with Ackerman and van der Berg.

The backline will be as porous as a sieve and will leak tries all season long...unless Brown can introduce some defensive cohesion and leadership in this regard.

Draw

A couple of home must-wins up front and them the oddessy of the Saders, tahs, Highlanders and Canes on the road. Could be ugly.

Questions

Can the Sharks find enough mongrel in their make-up to win enough games to prevent relegation?

Look out for

Ruan Pienaar.

Prediction

The Sharks will get pulverised by all and sundry but will finish ahead of the Cats on bonus points....
13th
Comments:
Prediction

The Sharks will get pulverised by all and sundry but will finish ahead of the Cats on bonus points....
13th


bwhahahahahahaha

davids is going to love that, first all the flyhalfs are crocked, now jantjes is also doubtfull

damn i would suggest we take it easy on mondo mauler today - he is going to be cranky
 
**Mondi  
oh yes,

wpw is a tazz driving cape flets thug
 
PA,

I had to reread that sentence several times. It seems what he means that althoughthe Cats will end up higher on teh log, the Sharks will outscore them purely based on bonus points.

If this is not waht he meant, he is contradicting himself on teh Cats review.
 
PA parties @ Chilli Bar on a Thursday night!  
Pissant, jy soek my mos nou. lol

I dont think david will be happy about all his teams injuries... I hope the Cheetahs and Cats do well. If i had to choose a team to go down it would be the Bulls, dont like the Sharks either...

But Bulls top my list cos their fans are so windgat and love to hate us...
 
I'm starting to see us being the Australia 2005 of 2006 Super 14 rugby.....

Killed by injuries.

I liked my piece on their prospects better. and PA's too.

I don't need the rugby to make me cranky. I have other things that started me off cranky today. This news is just adding to the general ambience of crankiness surrounding my purple aura today.
 
im actually hope the Cats are to be doing well!  
Wes

The only thing keeping me from going postal is that picture of yours.

Please don't take it away or I'll be going postal and you'll all see the SWAT teams take me down after I kill 15 fellow workers ....
 
On national television

My 15 minutes before 15 consecutive life sentences served in C-Max with Eugene Opperman and Moses Sithole
 
Unless this ends up being Earl Rose's big chance....

Ja right.

Next he'll injure himself, then Wikus, then Jacque Fourie, then Ash'll get more hurt, then Andre Pretorius' injury turns out to 'be worse than expected', then Lorry Sephaka and then....


Well we'll have lots of guys having a rest in 2007 and come 2008 we'll be back to replace the Sharks and win the damned thing with a FULL SQUAD!!!!!


FFS FFS FFS FFS FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
hehehehe  
davidS
calm down bru! All will be OK, hopefully. lol

Seriously, i hope the Cats dont get relegated...
 
So

Which one of you bastards is the Anonymous Blond?
 
Ouch - this hurts. Luckily I am a naturally positive person...  
Oh knadas. You're so sexy! Do me, big boy...  
Hey watch out for the Sharks

They will be tuff in 2006- mark my words

Hey kandas - woman trouble again?

and no "I am not a bastard- therefore I cannot be the blonde"

Sounds like a great movie line to me
 
The blond is either PA or DavidS

But due to his mood lets rule out The MondiMauler

So kandas what is the IP saying?
 
Hahahaa

The "Knadas" just gave somebody away!!!!!!!!

Het jou Katvis
 
It can't be Leo Tolstoy, because the posts are too short.  
yeah, knadas, my baby...

What does the IP tell you?

Then again, their could be more than one anonymous blonde...
 
Oh oh, Kandassie you're in for a thing.

This Anonymous perd has the hots for you, sure as shyte! Wonder if he (don't think it's a she...your Adonis features might have certain drawbacks, boet!) is confused with 'Knaters' hence 'Knadas'....

Eish, good luck hey!
 
Quite frankly,
all of us are well aware of the shite spewed on the Fern and their modus operandi withregards to posters with a differing opinion.

Basically...if you want to hear how wonderful NZ is....go to the Fern.

Personally, I'd rather saw off my penis with a spoon long before I take any of their predictions seriously.
 
hehe anon.

they actually rate our teams better than we do.
 
Anon,

Your post does carry alot of weight, but wait and see when the Springboks are no 1 again. You won't be able to live with some posters.
 
I'll find the culprit. Even if it takes me a lifetime!!!  
Knat...ag I mean Kandassie, you musn't let Tafelberg find out about this sideline of your's, she might not approve, if you catch my drift...  
Kandas,

Don't start using lines from songs. We are not playing Noot vir Noot.

"I love again, even if it takes me a lifetime,...."
 
LOL,

Namboer, just had a look at your profile. I see the only thing you specified is that you are male.

LMAO...

I would too if I had a photo of Gus next to my name.
 
WPW does Nataniels makeup!  
and province cuts moaner's hair!!!  
LOL  
Kandas,

I don't know who that other woman is but she's not me.

I tried to send you my picture on the email that guy gave but it keeps bouncing back.

I think you are very popular with the girls. You are mysterious and I like mystery.

Later sexy.
 
i think that blonde is jake white.  
and the mail is working again dammit....


sjeez, blame namibia not me!!!!
 
Sheez!!!  
Huh Donner, "only thing that (I) specify is that (I'm) male"??

I have lots of stuff on my profile - gender, birthday, occupation, interests and that random question.

There must be something the matter if you only see "male", did I do something wrong? When I click on my profile it shows the whole lot. Was wondering why nobody had anything else on there.
 
Kandas, why no response after your utterance of finding the culprit on the Tjarks thread? Goes my posts again man, and humour me!  
i see everything namboer - donner's boss must have blocked out 'adult content' on his web browser  
Err...oops, so much for taking wpw on for his pic!!  
Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?